Practice Area Details
Effective representation in the area of business litigation involves an understanding of the business issues, the client's industry, and the contract, agreement, or business relationship that gave rise to the dispute.
For nearly a quarter of a century, Yukevich | Cavanaugh attorneys have represented Fortune 500 companies, developed a unique understanding of our clients’ businesses, and successfully tried multi-million dollar business litigation disputes to verdict. Our business litigation practice specializes in handling complex litigation involving business clients in disputes with other businesses and governmental entities. We are experienced in matters pertaining to breach of contract, purchase order disputes, and unfair competition.
- $90M breach of contract between oil and gas companies that involved allegations of business torts
- Public utility sues equipment supplier breach of contract, accounting and loss of over $20M in income
- Breach of trademark and unfair competition claims asserted by clothing manufacturer against competitor
- Construction company failure to pay for work performed following collapse of a parking structure during construction
- Various declaratory relief matters for multiple clients
- The Boeing Company v. ArvinMeritor, Inc.
Breach of contract action of arising out of transactions that both preceded and followed corporate merger.
Result: Defense award at binding arbitration.
Los Angeles County, California
- Runflat America, LLC v. Michelin North America, Inc. et al
Shareholder derivative class action alleging trade libel, interference with contractual relations, and violation of California Unfair Competition Law.
Result: Demurrer sustained without leave to amend and affirmed on appeal.
Los Angeles, California