Vijay Patel is a cum laude graduate of the Indiana University School of Law. He served as a Note Development Editor for the Indiana Health Law Review. Mr. Patel was also a member of the Deans Tutorial Society and graduated in the top 15% of his class.
Vijay Patel is an experienced trial lawyer completing over 15 criminal jury trials to verdict. Furthermore, Mr. Patel has successfully argued in front of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal. Today, Mr. Patel is an advocate that embodies the following characteristics when managing client cases: dependable; skillful; courage; ambition; and integrity.
Prior to joining Yukevich | Cavanaugh, Mr. Patel was a prosecutor for the City of Los Angeles. Mr. Patel primarily prosecuted cases that involved domestic violence, assault and battery, false imprisonment, and driving under the influence. Mr. Patel saved the City of Los Angeles countless hours on cases that plead on the eve of trial. During his time with the City of Los Angeles, he developed a tried and proven technique during the voire dire stage of trial that has yielded successful results.
In addition, Mr. Patel worked at an AM LAW 100 firm where he focused on litigation involving products liability, medical malpractice, commercial litigation, mass torts, premises liability, and dependent elder abuse. Mr. Patel has prevailed on numerous summary judgment motions in catastrophic cases and settled cases below Plaintiff’s demand on countless occasions. Furthermore, Mr. Patel has taken and defended over 60 depositions that involved Plaintiffs and experts.
Outside of the office, you can find Mr. Patel donating countless hours to non-profit organizations and serving on multiple entities as a Board Member. Civic duties outside of the office allows Mr. Patel to offer clients a diverse and versatile approach that is balanced to solve any problem presented.
- Indiana University School of Law, Juris Doctorate (2012)
- Deans List (Fall, 2008; Fall, 2009; Fall, 2010: Spring, 2010)
- Deans Tutorial Society, Torts & Contracts Fellow
- Member, Moot Court Society
- Member, California State Bar
- University of Southern California, Bachelor of Arts in Psuchology (2007)
- The State Bar of California
- USDC – Central District of California
- USDC – Eastern District of California
- USDC – Southern District of California
- USDC – Northern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- Past President of Downey Los Amigos Kiwanis
- Board Member – City of Downey YMCA
- Board Member – Father-Con
- Board Member – Southeast Los Angeles Workforce Board
- Board Member – Downey Foundation for Educational Opportunities
- Board President – ISANA Academies